Now that the winter is upon us and the days are getting colder, it’s time to think about ways to protect your hair from the damage that winter can cause. Winter can create a havoc on your hair.
The season is perfect to get comfortable with a cup of hot tea but you can’t ignore the dry weather ruining the health of your hair. Your hair find it difficult to retain moisture, making it brittle and prone to breaking and damage. Here are top 5 tips that will help you keep your locks silky, lustrous, healthy, and beautiful this season.
- Protect your hair: The best way to protect your hair is to cover your head with a hat or scarf but ensure you do not tighten it. It can restrict the circulation in your scalp. Use a good quality anti-dandruff shampoo to stop dandruff formation.
- Keep your hair and scalp hydrated: If your body is dehydrated it will show on the outside. So make sure to drink plenty of water. It will help in keeping your locks and scalp hydrated.
- Don’t over-style your hair: Limit hair styling tools like hair dryers and curling irons. The heat from these electrical appliances can dry out your hair and scalp. Plus, they can also cause damage.
- Trim your hair regularly: Whether long or short hair, winter can make ends of your hair dry and brittle. So, it is advisable to trim your hair regularly to keep them in good condition and decrease the chances of split ends.
- Wash hair with warm or cool water: Washing hair with hot water during winter can be very tempting, but you should use warm or cool water only. Warm or cool water won’t damage your hair and scalp.
Include the above tips as a part of your daily hair care routine, your hair won’t notice winter’s presence. However, a bit of care will go a long way when it comes to maintaining healthy locks.