Winter is here. Most of you have started wearing your precious wools all washed and dry-cleaned. Winter seems to be a favorite season among all other seasons.
Although loved a lot, but the season is a storehouse of common ailments such as fever, cough & cold. Many people suffer from headaches, digestion problems, body ache etc.
Shelves in the medical stores are full of medicines, but anything that is available in or around your home, and has a curative use, can be used as a home remedy.
Spices and herbs such as clove, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, fennel, rock salt, turmeric, coriander, ginger, honey, licorice, garlic, onion, basil, and mint are generally regarded as the most effective home remedies. These spices are best when it comes to curing a cough and cold. So, this winter, try out few home remedies before you go buy medicines from the store.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder with a ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add honey to make a paste. Take this paste twice a day.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in 1 cup of water. Simmer until it is half. Strain the remains of cinnamon powder, add honey, and drink warm.
- Dry roast 3-4 black raisins and add a pinch of black pepper and rock salt to it. Take the combination 2-3 times a day at least for 20 days.
- Take 10-12 basil leaves. Wash and crush them and add 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger. Fry in a pan on low heat until the ginger turns brown. Add 1 cup of water and boil for few minutes. Strain the remains. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and drink.
- Add salt to water. Warm it on a low sim and gargle two or three times a day.
- Chew a bud of clove or a cardamom or a couple of raisins. This will relieve you from a sore throat.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of hot water. Drink this frequently during the day.
- Mix equal quantity fenugreek seeds, turmeric, and ginger (all in powder form). Take 1 teaspoon twice a day with warm water.
Simple home remedies are effective in relieving you from common and seasonal ailments. At times, home remedies support treatments prescribed by doctors. Lastly, a proper diet is the first and right remedy compared to medicinal and alternative remedies.