Summer is peaking and the hot season will continue for another month. The blazing heat and humidity cause a lot of sweat and dehydration. The variation in temperature, more so on the higher side is harmful to your health. So, it is very important for you to take care of your health.
In summer it is advisable to adjust your diet, which will help you keep yourself fresh for the entire season. To keep yourself fresh and healthy you need to increase the intake of fruits in your daily diet. Fruits help prevent dehydration, skin sensitivities, vitamin deficiencies.
Seasonal fruits are loaded with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help you bear the unrelenting season. Here’s a list of top 8 healthy summer fruits.
- Mango – The king of fruits is full of vitamins A, C, D, and iron, potassium, and calcium. Pectin and Fibres present in mango helps reduce cholesterol levels while other nutrients control blood pressure. Plus, mangoes have immunity strengthening properties.
- Watermelon – This fruit is synonymous to summer. With 92% of water content, watermelon is the preferred fruit in summer. Best for hydrating and nutrition, watermelon contains vitamins A, B6, C, amino acids, dietary fibers, calcium, iron, etc.
- Orange – Second to none, oranges are high in vital nutrients, like vitamin C, folate, and potassium. Oranges are a powerful antioxidant, increase immunity, and help cure muscle pain and cramps during summer. Plus, oranges are known as the best thirst quencher.
- Papaya – Known for its medical advantages, Papayas are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, folate, and various phytochemicals. Papayas have a higher amount of beta-carotene than carrots. Bloating is common during summer, Papayas help overcome bloating.
- Muskmelon – Filled with nutrition, muskmelons are rich with vitamin A and C. A single serving can fulfill half of your daily need of these vitamins. With the presence of lutein and zeaxanthin, muskmelons boost eyesight and provide a hydrating effect in summer.
The above 5 fruits are available at your nearest fruit and vegetable market. So, visit the nearest store and treat yourself with health and freshness boosting fruits.