A lot of people suffer from acid reflux or heartburn on a daily basis and they prefer eating heavy doses of medicines to put their stomach at peace, but this can be treated with some basic and easy methods.
What is acid reflux or heartburn, it is a common condition that causes a burning sensation in lower chest area just above the stomach. This usually happens when a little bit of stomach acid goes start going up to the esophagus.
What causes acid reflux, our stomach contains hydrochloric which helps in breaking the food and it also provides prevention against bacteria. A ring of muscle, the gastroesophageal sphincter, normally acts as a valve that lets food into the stomach but not backs up into the oesophagus. When this valve fails, and stomach contents are regurgitated into the oesophagus, the symptoms of acid reflux are felt, such as heartburn.
Some amount of reflux is normal, and there are no specific symptoms for acid reflux but a painful, burning sensation feeling in the throat and chest is the only symptom for acid reflux or heartburn.
Natural remedies for acid reflux:
- Bananas- They are very beneficial for our stomach because of their high fiber content which improves the digestion process. Bananas are also rich in potassium which help the stomach to produce more mucus which prevents excess acid formation
- Cold Milk- It has high calcium in it which is good for the bones, but calcium also helps in improving digestion. Cold milk helps in maintaining the PH in the stomach, it also absorbs the excess acid produced in the stomach.
- Buttermilk– Cold buttermilk is another great option because it contains lactic acid which coats the lining of our stomach and prevents it from the excess acid produced. Besides buttermilk is naturally occurring probiotic which prevents gas build up in the stomach after heavy meals. That’s why doctors suggest that one should drink buttermilk after meals.
- Fennel Seeds– They are rich in a lot of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibres which improves our digestion, but most importantly they have a compound called anethole which acts as a soothing agent for the stomach and also prevents flatulence. Fennel seeds provide instant relief from acid reflux and acidity.
- Raw Almonds– This is another good option that works in order to provide relief fro acid reflux, heartburn, and acidity. They are rich in natural oils that neutralize the excess acid in the stomach. Also, the high fibre content improves the digestion.
Apart from using the above mentioned natural remedies, there are few basic habits one should follow to avoid acid reflux, acidity, and heartburn.
- Sleep on your left side
- Drink lots of water
- Chew your food properly
- Exercise daily at least for half an hour
- Eat smaller portions of meals at regular intervals
- Avoiding tight jeans
- And quit smoking
These few changes in your lifestyle can bring a huge difference in your life. Following these habits daily can prevent you from heartburn, acidity and acid reflux without having to spend a lot of money on costly medicines.
The following article was brought you by http://www.herbsatwork.com