Sinusitis – A disease? Or not?
Sinusitis is a condition which is not fatal but yet painful. We won’t call it is a disease but it’s just a condition of illness which causes disease. In simple words, sinusitis effects sinus which is a part of our nose. Its main function is to restrict the suspended and dispersed particles from getting clogged in the nose. When sinus gets infected it swells and that infection spreads throughout the face.
According to Ayurveda, sinusitis is caused due to imbalance in the Shleshaka Kapha and Prana Vata. Shleshaka Kapha controls the moisture level in our body while the Prana Vata controls the mind. When these two gets messed up sinusitis emerges and the difficulty arises. This in turn creates a dilemma in the function of Pitta which controls the arena of metabolism as well as inflammation. Classified into frontal, maxillary and sphenoid sinus, this problem turns to any part of the face. Hence considering an Ayurvedic treatment will only help it further.
As Ayurveda has the answers for sinusitis, trying it may just be as interesting:
- Basil : Tulsi, as it is supposed to be called, has a strong and stringent impact in its steam form. Basil Steam inhalation three to four times a day will relieve you from a huge part of sinus pain.
- Neem : While having your bath consider dripping in some neem extracts in the water which you will inhale in the process soothing your trouble to a big extend.
- Ginger : Ginger with honey or jaggery administered orally also turns out to be a really good medicine for treating sinusitis.
- Panchkarma : This includes five treatments viz. Abhyanga, Garshana, Swedana, Udvartana and Pizichili. Following a regular pattern of these treatments will definitely cure sinusitis slowly.
- Diet changes: Include more fruits with Vitamin C, Peppers and chilli in your diet. Increase the intake of omega-3, avocados, walnuts and other dry fruits, organic vegetables and meat, flax seeds, coconut oil usage in food.
- Therapies : Nasyam, Vamanam, Lepanam etc are some dosha riding therapies which are commonly practiced for eradicating sinusitis. Nasyma is known to the best and direct treatment for the nasal parts where the oil or medicine administered is believed to have a proper action.
- Yogasan : Pranayama, Dhanurasana, Chakrasana, Halasanan, Shavasana, Shalabhasana etc are some of the major yoga poses which one should inculcate in the morning routine helping to alleviate sinusitis gradually and completely.
Managing these mentioned analyses into your schedule will facilitate in removing the snagging pain of sinus from your body forever. This usually should be continued for at least a month to have a complete impact. The duration may depend from body to body but still it has proven very effective.