From pumping blood to all parts of the body, recirculating deoxygenated blood and recirculating oxygenated blood, the heart plays an important role and is responsible for the proper functioning of all the other organs of the body. Hence, keeping the heart healthy and free from all ailments, there are certain tips that can help you keep your heart function perfect!
- Nourishment: Your body demands proper nourishment for a healthy functioning heart. This is possible by avoiding certain food items and giving importance to food that is healthy for the heart. Salt/Sodium should be used in its minimal as it increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes. You can add taste to your food by spicing it up with masalas and exotic herbs. Intake of food that is rich in fiber should be picked for a heart patient. Meals should be taken at proper intervals and a proper diet should be followed and maintained. Maintaining healthy body weight helps to keep heart diseases distant.
- Increase Circulation: One needs to start increasing the blood circulation in the body, if undergoing heart problems. It is always recommended to increase your physical activity in a day. The human body requires to move every 45 minutes, so taking the stairs to work doesn’t sound like a bad idea! Regular exercise is also essential. Keeping the body hydrated allows the heart to pump blood to the vessels more easily, hence improving the activities of the muscle.
- Reduce Blood fats and High cholesterol: A certain amount of Cholesterol is required by the body to function properly. When the body exceeds the limit of fats and cholesterol, it increases the chance of risk to the heart. These fats block the arteries. Fat gets deposited in the inner side of the wall, known as Plaque. Plaque is a combination of fats, cholesterol, proteins and scar like tissue. All of these blocks the arteries, causing congestion and heart failures.
- Lifestyle: People who face heart issues, need to maintain a lifestyle that is good for their heart and does not result in any further heart problems. Change in the intake of food that is high in fats and cholesterol, avoiding smoking and reducing alcohol, taking up more physical activity are a few ways you can enhance your lifestyle to a better tomorrow!
- Alleviate Stress: Managing your stress is vital. It is essential to control stress levels for the overall well being of the body and heart. Taking excessive stress may result in back pain, headaches or frequent abdominal pains. One needs to control the level of stress and needs to understand that taking stress over things that are not in control will just gear up the heart to land in a complicated situation which will in turn result in heart failures or attacks.
Substituting Tea with Herbal Tea has a huge effect on your caffeine intake by reducing it and Herbal Tea has proven to pass the health tests and are known to have medicinal benefits and also provides a variety of tastes!
- Detoxification of the Body
- Acts as a Digestif
- Reduces Inflammation
- Calming tonics
- Boosts Immunity
- Body warmer in winters
- Helps lose excess of body fats
Aids of drinking Herbal tea are accepted and cherished over the years and is also appreciated that how drinking varieties of tea can help improve health and well being.
- Peppermint Tea: Drinking peppermint tea aids digestion issues and helps to calm down your upset tummy. It also relieves gas problems and muscle contractions. It is advised to have peppermint tea if you feel nauseated and helps the body to sweat and treats indigestion.
- Chamomile Tea: The antioxidants present in Chamomile help in the reduction of occurrence of blood clots and proves to be good for the blood. It deals with treating insomnia and is helpful for digestion, diabetes, poor vision. Chamomile acts as a blessing when you are suffering from cold and fever and also prevents the growth of cancer cells.
- Hibiscus Tea: The antioxidants present in Hibiscus Tea fight with heart diseases and help retain the health of a person and also stabilizes blood pressure. These antioxidants help in preventing visible signs of aging like wrinkles, oily skin and so on.
- Rooibos: Also known as Red Tea, Rooibos has all types of health benefits, that aids the body in fighting towards health issues. It is high in vitamin C and is rich in Calcium which makes the bones stronger. It is advised to people suffering from insomnia as it is caffeine free. Relieves stress and hypertension and cures cardiovascular problems, diabetes, abdominal pain, and chronic ailments of kids.
- Ginger Tea: Nothing beats the winter cold like a warm cup of ginger tea! Sipping on Ginger tea shows relative benefits to health like relieving one from nausea. It is great for people who go through motion sickness. A cup of ginger tea before travelling can aid in vomiting. It is helpful in fighting infections, respiratory problems and strengthens immunity. It also slows down the growth of cancer cells.
- Lemon Balm Tea: Also known as “Melissa Officinals”, Lemon Balm Tea includes herbs that have a calming effect on the mind and help put one to sleep and is the best for people suffering from sleep disorders. It treats anxiety, indigestion and wounds. Known to improve concentration and beneficial for kids before bed to help prevent nightmares. Lemon Balm Tea is truly a lifting spirit.
Diabetes is caused when blood cells do not react to the insulin that is produced in the body. By following a daily exercise routine, the body starts responding to insulin, which helps reduce sugar level and improves blood circulation.
Yoga vitalizes the organs of the body allowing for normalcy of metabolic processes. Normal metabolism means that the chemical conversions within the cells are occurring in an efficient manner. Yoga is the best way to cope with stress, at the physical and psychological level. It also helps reduce glucose level and increases production of insulin in the body. The syndrome of diabetes disturbs the functioning of the pancreas and makes the pancreatic cells inefficient in producing insulin. Insulin caters energy to the body when needed.
Sadly, diabetes can only be controlled and cannot be completely treated. On the other hand, keeping diabetes under control is not an easy task as it involves lifestyle changes such as diet alterations, adherence and patience. People suffering from diabetes can control it by practicing Yoga. In the beginning, yoga will include postures and breathing exercises that target the pancreas. The various asanas in yoga help improve blood flow to the pancreas which can then restore the pancreatic cells capacity to produce insulin.
Yoga helps the body to free itself from various ailments. Cited below are a few yoga postures that can help manage diabetes.
Breathing in deeply and breathing out helps to oxygenate the blood and also improves circulation. This posture helps calm the mind and strengthens the muscles of the stomach and abdomen as well as improves the digestion process and regenerates tired cells.
- Bhujangasana (cobra pose)
Also known as the Cobra Pose, it is one of the most important back bending yoga posture, which benefits the body from head to toe. This asana works as a miracle for those suffering from back problems and kidney failures. It acts as a stress buster, improves the digestion process and increases lung capacity.
This pose is essentially known for its power to balance the functioning of the thyroid glands. These glands play a vital role in the proper functioning of the digestive, nervous, reproductive and respiratory system and regulate metabolism.
Also called the Spinal twist posture, allows your lungs to hold more oxygen. It also alleviates stress on the spine and gives ease to backaches.
This asana regulates the thyroid and parathyroid glands, lungs and abdominal organs, thereby helping blood flow to your head, which in turn improves your digestive system and maintains hormonal levels.
Meditating regularly provides relaxation of the mind and body. It also acts a stress buster. It builds up confidence level of the individual and makes one adaptable such that one can handle any condition, as an example a diabetic patient’s craving for sweets. To feel the change, one needs to meditate faithfully.
Come on! It’s high time, you stretched those muscles, relaxed your mind and let go off your diabetes.