Mindful movements for body and soul
There is a “connection” between our body, mind and the universe. This is a very holistic perspective of living life. And in that sense therefore Ayurveda and Yoga are like siblings –with a very holistic view of living life.
Hence in this section – we are going to talk about some yoga techniques and practice some yoga poses together!
Shake those early morning woes with these simple yoga poses !
- Marjariasana (Cat Pose)Come onto your fours. Form a table such that your back forms the table top and your hands and feet form the legs of the table.
- Keep your arms perpendicular to the floor, with the hands directly under the shoulders and flat on the ground; your knees are hip-width apart.
- Look straight ahead. As you inhale, raise your chin and tilt your head back, push your navel downwards and raise your tailbone. Hold the Cat pose and take long, deep breaths.
- Follow this by a countermovement: As you exhale, drop your chin to your chest and arch your back up as much as you can; relax the buttocks. Hold this pose for a few seconds before you return to the initial table-like stage.
- Continue five or six rounds before you come out of this yoga posture.
Benefits Of Cat Stretch (Marjariasana)
- Brings flexibility to the spine
- Strengthens wrists and shoulders
- Massages the digestive organs and improves digestion
- Tones the abdomen
- Improves digestion
- Relaxes the mind
- Improves blood circulation
We hope you enjoyed reading these simple yet effective means of enriching our lives. If you have any experiences or simple home remedies to share, any useful and/or favourite yoga poses please share those with us @ firstname.lastname@example.org