Sunlight emitted from sun in the atmosphere has many benefits but overexposure to sunlight can cause damage to critical parts of the human body. The sun emits various kinds of light i.e. ultra-violet (UV) light, blue light and intense light and frequent direct exposure to ultra violet light is detrimental to eyes. Therefore, it is essential to take precautions to avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
UV rays are electromagnetic radiation of which only about 3% reach the earth, as a result of filtering through the ozone layer. The wavelength of UV light is shorter than that of visible light. Constant exposure to UV light has adverse effects on our eyes.
Someone has rightly quoted,A stitch in time saves nine and this holds true for eye care too. Preventive care is the best way to keep our vision in good condition for a long time. Ayurvedic eye drops, Extended periods of exposure to UV light can cause eye disorders such as:
- Age-related macular degeneration – macular damage that affects vision loss among older people
- Age-related cataract – gradual clouding of the eye lens
- Pterygium – growth on the white part of the eye
- Skin cancer – cancer around the eyelids
- Photokeratitis – corneal sunburn due to long hours of exposure.
Jiwadaya Netraprabha is a medicine which provides a cooling and soothing effect to the eyes as well as protects the eyes from dryness and damage.
Tips to Protect Eyes from Sunlight
Follow these guidelines and ensure eye safety:-
- Wear Sunglasses with UV protection that completely block UV rays
- Wear a cap or hat to protect eyes from UV rays exposure from top.
- Wear UV protected contact lenses and glasses
- Do not focus eyes directly towards to the sun. This is extremely harmful.
- Avoid going out in the summer between late morning and afternoon if your eyes are sensitive to sunlight
- Adults and children are equally affected. Every family member should take preventive measures.
- While, wearing sunglasses or using shielding screens may provide some protection, our eyes also need TLC with lubrication that helps calm and soothe them. Use of a lubricating eye drop on a regular basis may help safeguard our eyesight.
Jiwadaya Netraprabha eye drops is an Ayurvedic medicine for eyes that can be incorporated as part of your ophthalmic care. It is a lubricant that provides a cooling and soothing effect to the eye and also helps prevent dryness and damage. It helps protect and preserve vision for a long time.